Seán Crowe TD
A lifelong community activist from Tallaght, Seán is married to Pamela and lives in Raheen. In February 2001 he was elected as a TD for the second time for the constituency of Dublin South West.
Seán political beliefs centre around empowering communities. He believes that people from all backgrounds must work together to improve services and facilities for local residents and in doing so, help create a safe new environment for our families and ourselves to enjoy.
First elected as a councillor on South Dublin County Council in 1999, Sean also served as a TD for Dublin South West from 2002 to 2007. Sean was a member of the Sinn Féin team that negotiated the Good Friday Agreement and has travelled internationally to promote the party’s peace strategy.
Seán has been to the fore in fighting for proper resources for Tallaght Hospital, promoting local employment, lobbying for affordable and social housing programmes, combating social exclusion, demanding equal access to education for all, tackling the continuing drugs crisis, and addressing youth alienation.
Sean is patron of Teenline. He is also an active member of:
- Tallaght Hospital ActionGroup
- St Dominic's Community Response Project
- Tallaght Drugs Task Force
- Bus and Community Safety forum
- Chairperson of Fettercairn Community Enterprise Board
- Greenhills Community College board
- Dublin Mid Leinster Health Forum
- Dublin Regional Authority
- South Dublin Tourism Committee and Policing Forum
- Fettercairn /Brookfield pilot police forum