An Conradh Céanna – An Freagra Céanna
The Lisbon Treaty was a bad deal for Ireland when it was presented to the people last year and it remains the very same bad deal. Sinn Féin will continue to campaign for a better deal for Ireland and for Europe. In order to get a better deal we must reject this treaty once again.
5 Key reasons to Vote No to the Lisbon Treaty
- It is a bad deal for Ireland and has already been rejected by the Irish people.
- It reduces Ireland’s power in the EU – we will lose our permanent commissioner and our voting strength on the Council will be cut by half while the bigger states double their strength.
- It will make the economic crisis even worse by forcing through policies that caused the recession, reducing the Irish government’s ability to take essential decisions, driving down pay and conditions and further undermining our public services.
- It erodes neutrality by drawing us into a common defence and obliging us to increase military spending.
- It removes our automatic right to a referendum on future changes to existing treaties.