SDLP challenged to set out how Lisbon Treaty good for Irish Agriculture
the negotiations with a strong mandate."
The government of the 26 Counties must:
- Secure a permanent Irish EU Commissioner
- Copperfasten key strategic vetoes on public services, taxation and international trade
- Stop Irish rates of pay and conditions being undercut
- Secure a specific article protecting Irish neutrality and oppose the imposition of increased military spending.
- Stop using Irish taxpayers money to fund the nuclear industry
Maintain the absolute right of Irish citizens to have the final say in any
significant change to EU treaties.