Sinn Féin to nominate Ní Dhálaigh for Mayor of Dublin
Sinn Féin announced today that they will be proposing Councillor Críona Ní Dhálaigh for Mayor of Dublin at the City Council meeting tonight.
Councillor Ní Dhálaigh was co-opted onto Dublin City Council in April 2006 representing the Dublin South West Inner City area. Originally from Crumlin she is now a resident of Ballyfermot. She is a mother of two sons Caoimhín and Domhnall, a fluent Irish speaker and active on many committees including:
· Dublin City Council's Economic Development and Planning Committee, Dublin City Council's European Affairs Strategic Policy Committee,
· St. Theresa's Gardens Regeneration Board,
· St. Michael's Regeneration Board,
· Dublin Inner City Partnership Board and
· vice-chair of Dublin South Central Area Committee.
Councillor Ní Dhálaigh's priorities as Mayor will include such areas as Planning and the lack of planning enforcement, Housing and the importance of building communities and social inclusion, Environment and the need for a comprehensive system of recycling and reusing waste materials, Transforming Local Government to maximise local democracy.