Doherty expresses concern over neglect of Islands off west coast
Sinn Féin Senator Pearse Doherty continues his tour of the west tomorrow when he visits Galway, Connemara and the Aran Islands.
Senator Doherty is on a consultation tour in order to inform an Oireachtas Report which he is compiling on "What is required to develop the counties along the west coast of Ireland, both in economic and social terms."
Speaking today he said that he is particularly concerned at the neglect off our island communities of the west coast.
Senator Doherty's schedule for tomorrow is below and he is available to the media in between engagements. Contact Shaun Tracey on 0877735218.
- Arrive Galway 10.30
- Meeting with Chamber of Commerce 11.00
- Cóir na nOileán, Connemara - Time TBC
- Flight to Inis Mór - Time TBC
- Island Co-op meeting, walking tour
- Ferry back to mainland 19.30