Gerry Adams launching “defend rural Ireland” campaign in Castlebar on Friday
The Sinn Féin party president will be in the Taoiseach’s constituency this coming Friday to launch the party’s Rural Ireland campaign which will focus on:
• A fair deal for rural households – no unjust charges.
• Creating job opportunities in rural Ireland.
• Protecting rural schools.
• Ensuring equal access to health services
• Combating rural isolation.
Gerry Adams will be joined by Martin Ferris TD and Senator Trevor Ó Clochartaigh who will soon be embarking on a consultation process across the state, the results of which will form a new plan for rural Ireland.
The campaign launch and open forum will take place at the Harlequin Hotel in Castlebar at 11am this coming Friday 2nd March.
Local stakeholders and the media are invited to attend at this time.