Sinn Féin - On Your Side

Be aware of carbon monoxide poisoning

29 October, 2013 - by Maeve McLaughlin


Sinn Féin MLA and Chair of the Health Committee Maeve McLaughlin has asked people to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

 Ms. McLaughlin said,

 “As we approach Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month in November I am calling on people to be aware of the dangers.

 “Carbon monoxide is a odourless gas that kills and unfortunately over the past few years we have seen an increase in tragic deaths of several people due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

 “It is important that people are aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, the situations that cause poisoning and how we can protect ourselves from carbon monoxide.

 “I am calling on house providers both public and private to install carbon monoxide detectors in all new builds and for a subsidy to be provided for people to purchase detectors for current homes.

 “I would call on people especially those who live in buildings deemed at high risk to purchase a detector immediately as this small investment could save you and your family’s lives.” 

Connect with Sinn Féin