Sinn Féin - On Your Side

Community in shock at Ardoyne house fire - Cllr McCabe

3 April, 2015 - by Gerard McCabe


Sinn Féin Councillor Gerry McCabe has said that the local community of Ardoyne are in shock following a house fore in Jamaica Street which has left a man, woman and child in hospital

Speaking today Cllr McCabe said:

“First and foremost, our thoughts and the thoughts of local residents, are with those in hospital and their wider family and friends.

“The community is in shock at this fire. We do have a man, woman and child in hospital. They have been life long residents in Ardoyne.

“While it is too early to indicate the cause of the fire it is my understanding that it was the quick actions of local people and the fire brigade in tackling this fire that led to people being rescued from the blaze.

“We are all praying that those in hospital do make a speedy recovery.” 

Connect with Sinn Féin