Hazzard expresses sympathy following carbon monoxide death
Sinn Fein's Chris Hazzard has expressed his sympathies following the death of a 60-year-old man from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Mr Hazzard said:
"The death of a 60-year-old man in a house on the Castlewellan Road in Newcastle is a tragedy.
"It has shocked and saddened the local community.
"I want to express my condolences to the family and friends of this man at this difficult time.
"Five other people, including two paramedics, were also taken to hospital as a result of this incident and I wish them a full and speedy recovery.
"The authorities must now carry out an investigation to find out exactly what happened in this incident."