Rural Planning - 7th Public meeting tonight in South Down
Sinn Féin will hold its' 7th public meeting tonight, Thursday 25th May, in Castlewellan as part of its campaign opposing the draft proposals published by Jeff Rooker in March.
The public meeting will be held in The Hillyard House, Castlewellan in South Down at 7.30 pm.
It follows previous meetings in:
· Co Antrim - 7.30 pm, Wed 10th May - The Glens Hotel, Cushendall
· Co Fermanagh - 7.30 pm, Thurs 11th May - Clinton Centre, Enniskillen
· Co Armagh - 7.30pm, Tue 16th May - Tí Chulainn, Mullaghbawn
· East Derry - 7 pm, Wed 17th May - Drummond Hotel, Ballykelly
· Co Tyrone - 8pm, Thursday 18th May - Dún Uladh Cultural Heritage Centre,
· Mid Ulster - 8 pm, Friday 19th May - Rural College, Draperstown
Speaking ahead of the meeting local Sinn Féin MLA Caitriona Ruane said:
"The campaign opposing the draft guidelines on rural planning contained in PPS 14 has gathered huge momentum. At public meetings across the North and in meetings with all of the key rural stakeholders it is clear that rural communities are refusing to accept the approach of British direct rule Ministers and their civil servants on this issue.
"The deadline for the consultation is fast approaching so it is essential that everyone who wants to force the British government back to the drawing board respond to this consultation. Sinn Féin has published 50,000 leaflets that people can use to directly lobby the Department of Regional Development and in recent days Sinn Féin MP's have given Peter Hain a substantive paper outlining our opposition to PPS 14 and a number of recommendations on the way forward." ENDS