Adams shock at West Belfast house fire
West Belfast MP Gerry Adams has expressed his shock at the housefire on the Springfield
Road in which five children and one adult were injured last night.
The West Belfast MP praised the quick thinking and actions of the childrens gradmother and parents and the actions of the fire service personnel who rescued the fifth child.
Mr Adams said:
"My thoughts are with the family as they come to terms with this very traumatic event, and like everyone else our concern is for those who remain in hospital.
"This could have been much worse but for the quick thinking and actions of the childrens' grandmother and parents. They deserve our praise and thanks. So too do the fire service personnel who arrived and rescued the fifth child from the house.
"I hope that all of those injured make a full recovery." ENDS