Sinn Féin confirm Committee Chairs and Vice Chairs
Sinn Féin Assembly Group leader John O'Dowd MLA has confirmed the party nominations as Chairs and Vice Chairs of the various Assembly Statutory and Standing Committees.
Commenting on the nominations Mr O'Dowd said:
"I am confident that we have a well-balanced and experienced team MLA's who will scrutinise departmental decision making and ensure that there is open and accountable government that benefits everyone in our society. Our job is to make sure that there is good decision making with the genuine participation and good value for money. We need to look at how and why decisions have been taken and ensure that all legislation, policy and financial decisions are based on Equality.
"Sinn Féin will also look to expand and develop the all-Ireland agenda, particularly to ensure that we get better delivery of services and access in border areas and economies of scale that can free up public expenditure." ENDS
- West Tyrone MLA Barry McElduff to chair the Culture, Arts and Leisure Committee
- South Antrim MLA Mitchel McLaughlin to chair the Finance and Personnel Committee
- West Belfast MLA Sue Ramsey to chair the Employment and Learning Committee
- Upper Bann MLA John O'Dowd to chair the Public Accounts Committee
Committee Vice Chairs
- Newly elected Newry Armagh MLA Cathal Boylan - Vice Chair of the Environment Committee
- Newly elected Mid Ulster MLA Michelle O'Neill - Vice Chair of the Health, Social Services and Public Safety Committee
- Newly elected West Belfast MLA Paul Maskey - Vice Chair of the Enterprise, Trade and Investment Committee
- Fermanagh South Tyrone MLA Gerry McHugh - Vice Chair of the Standards and Privileges Committee
- Foyle MLA Raymond McCartney - Vice Chair of the Institutional Review Committee
North Belfast MLA Carál Ní Chuilín has also been confirmed as the new Chief Whip.