Details of Easter Commemorations
Head the National Commemoration Committee Francie Molloy MLA has announced details of more than 100 Easter commemorations which will take place across the country this coming weekend.
Speaking at a launch in Dublin Mr Molloy said:
"Tens of thousands of people are expected to attend commemorations in towns, villages and cities across the country this weekend. I want to invite people to join in our commemorations, celebrate 1916 and help us achieve Irish unity. I would also call on people to wear an Easter Lily.
"It is important to pay tribute to all of those brave men and women who gave their lives in the cause of Irish freedom but we also need to deliver on the promise of the Proclamation.
"As we approach the 100th anniversary of the 1916 Rising, we should make this decade, the decade of Irish unity. I want to call on all those who are committed to Irish reunification, regardless of party political affiliation, to work together for that worthy and achievable goal."
Details of Easter Commemorations
- Tuesday 4pm, Toomebridge. Speaker: Mitchel McLaughlin
Wreath Laying: Saturday, Glenravel 6.30pm, Moneyglass 6.30pm, Waterfoot 7pm.
Sunday, Cargin 11.15am, Dunloy 11.30am, Loughguiel 12.15pm, Rasharkin
- Saturday, Portadown. Speaker: Jennifer McCann.
- Saturday 6pm, Mullaghbawn. Speaker: Pearse Doherty.
- Sunday after 8.30am Mass, Keady.
- Sunday 10 am, Camlough.
- Sunday 10am, Tullysaren.
- Sunday 10.30 am, Crossmaglen. Speaker: Francie Molloy.
- Sunday 11am, An Portmor, Vol Sean McIlvanna monument.
- Sunday 11.30pm, Derrymacash.
- Sunday 12:30pm, Newry Town. Speaker: Mitchel McLaughlin.
- Sunday 1.30pm, Ballymacnab Ferla Crossroads to Ballymacnab Graveyard.
- Sunday 2pm, Killeen border crossing. Speaker: Francie Molloy.
- Sunday 2.30pm, Lurgan. Speaker: Daithí McKay.
- Sunday 4pm, Cullyhanna. Speaker Francie Molloy.
- Monday 2.30pm, Armagh City.
- Monday, Beleek.
- Saturday 5.30pm, Whitewell. Speaker: Jennifer McCann.
- Sunday 1pm, Beechmount Ave. Speaker: Gerry Kelly.
- Monday 1.30pm, New Lodge. Speaker: Gerry Kelly.
- Tuesday 1.15pm, Ballymurphy. Speaker Jennifer McCann.
- Tuesday 2pm, Ardoyne. Speaker: Martina Anderson.
Sunday 3pm, Cavan Cathredal-monument. Speaker: Fra McCann.
- Sunday 11am, Ennis. Speaker: Jim Gibney.
- Saturday 8pm, Bantry. Speaker: Cionnaith Ó Suilleabhán.
- Sunday 11am, Youghal. Speaker: Bairbre de Brún.
- Sunday 12:30pm, Clonakilty. Speaker Cionnaith Ó Suilleabhán.
- Sunday 2:30pm, Cork City. Speaker: Conor Murphy.
- Monday 11am, Cobh. Speaker: Conor Murphy.
- Sunday 12.30. Speaker Bandon Connor Murphy.
- Sunday 12pm, Dungiven. Speaker: Carál Ní Chuilín.
- Sunday 2:30pm, Derry City. Assemble Bogside Inn to City Cemetary. Speaker: Pat Doherty.
- Sunday 2.30pm, The Loup. Speaker: Michelle O'Neill.
- Wreath Laying: 11.30am Creggan Monument Central Drive; Bogside Monument Lecky Rd, 1pm Waterside Monument, Rose Court.
- Monday 2:30pm, Swatragh. Speaker: Francie Molloy.
- Sunday 2.30pm, Main March: The Loup, St. Patrick's GAC, Ballyneill Road to St. Patrick's Church. Speaker Michelle O'Neill.
- Monday 2.30pm, Swatragh, The Diamond to Granaghan church returns to The Diamond for the main oration. Speaker Francie Molloy.
- Sunday 11am, Buncrana. Speaker: Pádraig Mac Lochlainn.
- Sunday 11.30pm, Gleanncholmcille, Speaker: Bernice Swift.
- Sunday 12pm, Inishowen, Cockhill Park, Buncrana to Cockhill Cemetery, Speaker: Pádraig Mac Lochlainn.
- Sunday 12pm, Volunteer Damian McFadden Commemoration, Drumoghill Graveyard.
- Sunday 12pm, Castlefin, The Diamond.
- Sunday 12.15pm, Gweedore, Derrybeg Chapel.Speaker: Pearse Doherty.
- Sunday 3pm, Drumboe, assemble Johnstown Corner, Stranorlar Speaker: Martin McGuinness.
- Sunday 11am Letterkenny, Aughashinan. Speaker: Gerry McMonagle.
- Monday 12.30pm, Carrigart, Parochial Hall,Speaker: Pádraig Mac Lochlainn.
- Monday 3pm, Fanad, Kildrum 3pm. Speaker: Pádraig Mac Lochlainn.
- Monday 3pm, Pettigo. Speaker: Pearse Doherty.
- Sunday 4pm, Castlewellan. Speaker: Declan Kearney.
- Monday 6pm, Downpatrick. Speaker: Carál Ní Chuilín.
- Friday 11am, Arbour Hill, Stonyblatter. Speaker: Mary Lou McDonald.
- Saturday 11am, Ballyfermot Sinn Féin Office. Speaker: Aengus Ó Snodaigh.
- Saturday 2.30pm Eammon Ceannt Commemoration, Errigal Green (behind Our Lady's Hospital Crumlin) Speaker Aengus Ó Snodaigh.
- Saturday 3pm, Howth. Speaker Larry O Toole.
- Sunday 11am, Glasnevin. Speaker Michael Carr.
- Sunday 1.30pm, Main commemoration: Assemble Garden of Remembrance. Speaker: Gerry Adams.
- Monday 2.30pm, Dún Laoghaire, Bakers Corner. Speaker: Eoin Ó Broin.
- Sunday 2.30pm, Main March: Newtownbutler, Parish Hall to Newtownbutler Chapel graveyard. Speaker John O'Dowd. Wreath laying: Donagh 10am, Roslea 11.30am.
- Saturday 7pm, Gaillimh Thiar- Óran Mór, Howley Court, Orán Mór. Speaker: Anne Marie Carroll.
- Sunday 12:30pm, Ballinasloe. Speaker: Raymond McCartney.
- Sunday 3pm, City. Liam Mellows Statue, Earl Square.
- Monday 12pm, Teach an Phiarsaigh, Ros Muc, Conamara. Speaker: Francie Brolly.
- Monday 3pm, An Clochán, Thomas Whelan Monument, Clifden. Speaker Francie Brolly.
- Sunday 3pm. Speaker: Martin Ferris.
- Saturday 12pm, Mooncoin, Tech School. Speaker: Paul Butler.
- Saturday 2.30pm, Kilkenny City, Kilkenny Castle. Speaker: Paul Butler.
- Sunday 1pm, Portlaoise. Speaker: Brian Stanley and Eamon Nolan.
- Sunday 3.30pm, Tullamore
- Sunday 3pm, Drumsna to Jamestown. Speaker: Caitríona Ruane.
- Sunday 12.30pm. Assemble outside Munster Fair Tavern. Speaker: Willie Clarke.
- Sunday 10.30am, Broadford, to Killough Cemetary.
- Sunday 3pm, Con Colbert Hall, Athea.
- Monday 2pm, Colemanswell.
- Monday 2.30pm, Rathluirc.
- Sunday 2.30pm, Newtownforbes, assemble at the Church to the grave of Vol. John Mahon. Speaker: Gerry McHugh.
- Sunday 3pm, Longford Town. Speaker: Gerry McHugh.
- Sunday 11am, St Peter's Church West Street, Drogheda. Speaker: Alex Maskey.
- Sunday 2:30pm, Dundalk, Assemble Market Square. Speaker: Alex Maskey.
- Sunday 10am, Achill. Speaker: Francie Brolly.
- Sunday 2:30pm, Kilkelly Speaker: Francie Brolly.
- Saturday 6pm, Oldcastle. Speaker: Alex Maskey.
- Wreath Laying: Sunday 12pm, St. Mary's Cemetery, Navan. Ardbraccan Cemetery, Navan. Longwood Cemetery, Ballinlough Cemetery, Drumree Cemetery, Ashbourne Monument. Monday 12pm, Fore Cemetery, 1pm, Kilallen Cemetery
- Saturday 2:30pm, Inniskeen, assemble Ednamo. Speaker: Barry McElduff.
- Sunday 3.30pm, Monaghan Town, Feargal Ó hAnnluain monument, Clones Rd. Speaker: Michelle Gildernew.
- Monday 11am, Scotshouse. Speaker: John O'Dowd.
- Monday 2:30pm, Clones. Speaker: Caoimhghín Ó Caolain.
- Sunday 10.30am, Aicill, Dookinella Church to Fr Manus Sweeney Monument. Speaker: Francie Brolly.
- Sunday 2.30pm, Kilkelly Town Square. Speaker: Francie Brolly.
- Monday 1pm, Ballycastle. Speaker: Gerry Murray
- Sunday 3.30pm, O' Connor Square, Tullamore. Speakers: Brian Stanley and Eamon Nolan.
- Sunday 1pm. Kilcolman Graveyard, Ballaghdreen. Speaker: Martin Kenny.
- Sunday 12pm, Ballisodare
- Sunday 3pm Speaker: City Hall, Barry McElduff.
- Sunday 3pm, Nenagh. Speaker: Seán Mac Brádaigh.
- Sunday 3pm, St. Johnstown, Fethard.
- Saturday 3pm, Coalisland. Speaker: Martin McGuinness.
- Sunday 3.30pm, Carrickmore. Speaker: Martina Anderson.
- Monday 2pm, Ardboe. Speaker: Arthur Morgan.
- Monday 1pm, Brockagh.
- Saturday 3pm, Waterford City. Speaker: Bairbre de Brún.
- Sunday 3pm, Ardmore. Speaker: Bairbre de Brún.
- Sunday 12 noon, Wexford Town. Speaker: Paul Butler.
- Monday 12pm, Murr. Speaker: Paul Butler.
- Monday 2pm, Enniscorthy. Speaker: Aengus Ó Snodaigh.
- Monday 2.30pm, Mullingar, Mullingar Hospital to Ballyglass Cemetery. Speaker: Seán Lynch.
- Monday 3pm, Athlone. Speaker: Seán Lynch.
- Saturday 2.30pm, Wicklow Vale Shop, Fishery, Arklow. Speaker: Pat Treanor.
- Sunday, Kilcoole. Speaker: John Brady.
- Monday11am, Bray Town Hall. Speaker: John Brady.