Prioritising Disability Inclusion
Sinn Féin has a vision for society in which all citizens can
participate fully in life without being left behind. We will further the
rights of people with disabilities, not diminish them.
List of measures below:
- Increase disability allowance by €20 a week.
a an automatic medical card to every child in receipt of the
Domiciliary Care Allowance and introduce a secure medical card for
adults with disabilities.
- Expand the Personal Assistant Service
(PA) service by increasing PA hours by an additional 500,0000 hours
each year for three years.
- Increase respite care services by 20%
- Increase the budget allocation to disability services by €125.7 million.
additional places for people with disabilities on the Employability
Service to allow an additional 1000 people with disabilities and 500
Momentum places for young recipients of Disability Allowance.
resource teaching hours for children by 15% and provide 1,450
additional SNA’s to facilitate greater access for children with special
- Introduce a major infrastructure programme to make all
public transport services fully wheelchair accessible, investing a total
of €187 million.
- Charge an Taoiseach with responsibility for
Disability Inclusion ensuring a named spokesperson will sit at the
Cabinet table and is party to all decisions affecting people with
- Establish a Joint Oireachtas Committee on Disability Inclusion.
An audio version of our Prioritising Disability Inclusion document below.
A PDF Booklet format of the document below.